One of the largest life insurance companies in the US needed a solution that was best fit to handle their ingest and analytic workloads in terms of both cost effectiveness and performance. Without a large IT staff to call on for support, the insurer also required a solution that was easy to administer, with enterprise grade backup and recovery capabilities to eliminate downtime and data loss as well as ensure consistent data replication across their clusters.
After extensive evaluation, the insurance company selected WANdisco Fusion over backup and recovery solutions offered by other major hardware vendors that cost more, were more complex and did not match up in terms of capabilities offered.
- Guaranteed continuous availability and consistency with our patented active transactional replication technology.
- Elimination of read-only backup servers by making every cluster fully writeable and readable as well as capable of sharing data and running applications regardless of location, turning the costly overhead of dual environments during migration into productive assets.
- Selective replication on a per folder basis enabling the insurance company to only replicate what’s required and keep sensitive data where it belongs to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- No administrator involvement for setup, maintenance and monitoring.
- Reduction of attack surface available to hackers with only Fusion servers exposed through the firewall.
- No downtime for back up.
- Automatic recovery following an outage.