This global semiconductor company’s manufacturing operations rely heavily on processes powered by Hortonworks Data Platform. To prepare for business growth, the company aimed to enhance these data-driven processes. As a first step, the company planned to relocate its production systems to a new, high-performance data center. Downtime during the process was simply not an option—and the manufacturer looked for a way to migrate 1.2 PB of vital data without disruption to its production environment.
The manufacturer used WANdisco Fusion to enable continuous replication of business data from the original production environment to the new data center. Within a matter of months, the company had successfully migrated all 20 million of its files to the new site without any observable impact on business processes.
- Enables migration to the new data center on schedule, without disrupting the original production environment during the move.
- Guarantees consistency of data between the old and new environments, enabling cutover with zero interruption to production systems.
- Allows the manufacturer to enhance its analytics capabilities and prepare for growth.
ENVIRONMENT, TECHNOLOGY, AND TOOLS
- Apache Hive, HBase
- Hadoop Distributed File System
- Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.4
- WANdisco Fusion