A regulatory authority, set up to monitor and regulate financial trading practices needed to be able to adapt to changing market dynamics while providing its analysts with the tools to interactively query multi-petabyte data sets. It faced many problems common to on-premises data processing environments – multiple data processing appliance systems and storage constraints requiring costly upgrades.
The regulatory authority uses WANdisco Fusion to move its daily influx of 75 billion records between different cloud providers in order to analyze and store the data.
- WANdisco Fusion enables the regulatory authority to shift easily between different applications to respond quickly to regulatory demands in a cost-effective way.
- The regulatory authority estimates it will save up to $20 million annually by using the cloud rather than a physical data center infrastructure.
- By using inter-cloud replication the regulatory authority is able to meet disaster-recovery requirements.
- Flash crashes and other extreme market events can be better absorbed by automatically spinning up tens of thousands of nodes momentarily and then taking them offline.
- By leveraging cloud computing and data technology to process ever-increasing volumes of data the regulatory authority is able to protect investors from abuse and manipulation by wrong-doers.