26 SEPTEMBER 2017
WANdisco Fusion® integrates with Microsoft Azure HDInsight to deliver continuous Active Data Replication™
San Ramon, CA – WANdisco, a world leader in Active Data Replication® today announced its patented technology, WANdisco Fusion®, is fully integrated with Microsoft Azure HDInsight. Microsoft Azure customers can now add WANdisco Fusion to an Azure HDInsight cluster via a single-click installation from within the Azure Marketplace to provide continuous replication of selected data at scale between multiple Big Data and Cloud environments. With guaranteed data consistency and continuous availability, customers will now have easy access to the cost-saving benefits of Fusion’s hybrid architecture for on-demand data analytics and offsite disaster recovery. Other benefits of WANdisco Fusion® for Azure HDInsight include:
• Cost saving: WANdisco Fusion®, unlike other solutions, does not require dedicated hardware or storage systems leading to greater cost savings and ROI. Users can take full advantage of their on-premises data in Azure, leveraging the performance, cost and functionality benefits it provides immediately.
• No downtime and no business disruption: Data is replicated as soon as change occurs, regardless of where those changes are initiated, with guaranteed consistency.
• Cross-target replication: Users can replicate data to other Fusion supported on-premises and cloud environments, allowing data to span HDFS, object storage and other systems.
• Opt-in replication: An administrator can select subsets of content for replication, with fine-grained control over where data reside.
• No administrator overhead: Replication is continuous and automatic, recovering from intermittent network or system failures automatically so that the need for administration oversight is eliminated.
“Enterprises increasingly need to move large volumes of data across both on-premises and cloud environments with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no disruption to normal business operations” said David Richards, Co-founder and CEO of WANdisco.
“With WANdisco Fusion® Microsoft customers will now be able get the most value from their data without wasting budget on idle backup servers and while also meeting strict service level agreements across Big Data and Cloud deployments.”
“The integration of WANdisco Fusion with Microsoft Azure HDInsight enables organizations to meet stringent data availability and compliance requirements,” said Bharat Sandhu, Director, Product Marketing, Microsoft AI at Microsoft Corp. “At the same time, customers are able to seamlessly move production data at petabyte scale from on-premises big data deployments to Microsoft Azure.”
Azure HDInsight is the only fully-managed cloud Apache Hadoop and Spark offering that gives you optimized open-source analytic clusters for Spark, Hive, MapReduce, HBase, Storm, Kafka, and Microsoft R Server backed by a 99.9% SLA. Customers can deploy these big data technologies and ISV applications as managed clusters with enterprise-level security and monitoring.
To learn more please come to our presentation with Pranav Rastogi, Program Manager, Microsoft and Jagane Sundar, Chief Technology Officer, WANdisco at Strata Data Conference New York on Thursday 28th September at 1.15pm in room 1A03. To find out more please click here.
To learn more about WANdisco Fusion® for Microsoft Azure and HDInsight please sign up for our joint webinar here.
For further information please contact:
Alexandra Gee, VP Marketing & Communications Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications