If your an admin, there's a good chance that you've clicked on the Administration tab and been confused about whats already configured by default, whats required to make a particular feature work fully and what all the 2nd tier tabs actually mean. Well we've put our heads together and worked up a new design partly driven through necessity (we're running out of 2nd row tab space!) and as part of our programme to re-design all areas of uberSVN and give the templates a re-rub.
Other key features:
- Ability to perform multiple actions with a single Tomcat/Apache restart once the page has been edited
- Removal of fixed height dependency and second tier tabs! (hurrah!)
- Improved admin dashboard showing heartbeat stats and relevant single view
- Removal of social aspect, those functions will be performed via the main dashboard
- Admin activity stream (system messages shown down the right hand side)
- Extendable UI for plugins which may need to command control of specific platform config (e.g. Access Control port)
- 'Backup' to be turned into its own uberAPP
- Removal of 'tab manager' - move into uberAPPS as part of a wider SDK programme.
- A war on slow page load times
Future phases (once the template is in place):
- Review/re-word/re-order the configuration steps for each item (especially email and LDAP)
- Improved default settings (possibly based on selectable templates) to help admins get up and running
So we'd like to know what you think, take a look at the wireframes and post your comment. We hope to start building this functionality (along with many other features and enhancements) over the next 3 months.
uberSVN Product Manager