12 SEPTEMBER 2011
WANdisco’s new ‘Team Sherpa’ support shows Subversion users the way forward
Sherpas guide Subversion implementations to the highest levels of performance and stability.
WANdisco, a leading provider of Apache Subversion-based software and services for the enterprise, today announced a totally new approach to professional Subversion support that goes way beyond merely responding to problems after the fact. Just as traditional Sherpas use their deep knowledge of local terrain to assist mountain climbers in reaching the highest peaks and avoiding pitfalls along the way, WANdisco’s Subversion Sherpas use their extensive experience to guide customers away from problems and enable them to get the most out of Subversion.
WANdisco’s ‘Team Sherpa’ consists of highly skilled support engineers and core Subversion developers who have been working on the Subversion project since it began. This enables ‘Team Sherpa’ to collectively draw on decades of experience successfully guiding thousands of Subversion implementations and building new Subversion releases.
“Juniper’s Subversion deployment was a really big project that affected all of our developers. One of the critical factors was WANdisco’s support. While my team was working hard they were working hard reviewing our configuration and providing guidance to ease the rollout process. Nothing set my mind at ease more than knowing they were available to me,” said Angela Thomas, Development Tools Manager, Juniper Networks. “Truly one of the best support organizations I’ve worked with.”
Hyrum Wright, WANdisco’s Director of Open Source and the release manager for Subversion since early 2008 leads the company’s Subversion Sherpa team. Hyrum’s unparalleled expertise is backed by a team of dedicated development, QA and support professionals - Sherpas focused exclusively on delivering the highest quality Subversion software and support.
More Reasons to Choose WANdisco for Subversion Software and Support:
- Core developers on staff who thoroughly understand Subversion’s code base and have the status within the community to make immediate changes when critical fixes are needed. This is a must for organizations that want to use open source, but require the same level of support available with commercial software products.
- 24-by-7 Worldwide coverage with staff in the US, UK, Japan and China. WANdisco’s Subversion Sherpas are dedicated employees, not subcontractors.
- For over five years, WANdisco's software has supported the world's largest Subversion deployments , with as many as 40,000 users, 2,500 Subversion repositories and 18 million transactions per day in a single implementation.
- Indemnification coverage that protects customers from intellectual property claims that can arise from the use of open source software.
- Regular Subversion system health checks that include reviews of the customer’s hardware, software, and network configuration to identify potential performance bottlenecks and other areas of risk.
- WANdisco’s access control product is included to provide full authorization, authentication, access control and audit capabilities. Valuable intellectual property is protected and a complete audit trail is provided, ensuring compliance with SOX and other regulations.
- Fixes and Upgrades are available automatically from WANdisco's update server.
- WANdisco’s profits from the sale of Subversion support contracts go directly into the continuing development and enhancement of Subversion and support the activities of the Subversion community.
Complete information about WANdisco’s enterprise-class Team Sherpa Subversion support and special discount offers that are available can be found at: http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/support.
WANdisco’s certified open source Subversion software is available for free download at: http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/os/downloads.
WANdisco Offers Free Online Subversion training
WANdisco is currently offering a series of free biweekly Subversion training classes. Registration for these classes is available at http://www.wandisco.com/webinar/subversion/training . WANdisco recommends early registration, as space is limited.
Apache Subversion (SVN) is a popular version control system. It is used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation, and is the leading open source centralized version control system. A 2007 report by Forrester Research recognized Subversion as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category and a strong performer in the Software Configuration and Change Management (SCCM) category. Subversion is released under the Apache License, making it free software. Both Apache and Subversion are registered trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications