16 JULY 2013
WANdisco launches Git MultiSite To add enterprise performance for distributed version control users
Solution Eliminates Downtime & Data Loss and Provides Global High Availability/Disaster Recovery
WANdisco (LSE: WAND), a provider of high-availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data and distributed software development, announced Git MultiSite, a software solution based on its unique patented replication technology that provides 100% uptime and dramatically improved global performance for users of the popular distributed version control system. Distributed teams using Git can now collaborate seamlessly as if they were all in one office.
Git MultiSite applies WANdisco’s patented Continuous Availability™ replication technology to remove the single point of failure, performance bottleneck and WAN latency issues associated with a central Git master server. With Git MultiSite, the central Git master server becomes a system of distributed peer servers that are fully readable and writeable and always in sync. If sites or servers go offline, the rest remain fully operational for all users. Merge conflicts and other issues are identified and resolved as soon as they occur, rather than days later, accelerating development cycles and improving product quality. Likewise, administrative tasks can be performed worldwide from a single location while the transaction dashboard monitors the status of each site.
“Git is popular for its speed, powerful workflow capabilities and the control it affords developers,” said Jay Lyman, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, 451 Research. “Still, there are challenges with Git for enterprise organizations, particularly remote users given its single master repository. WANdisco Git MultiSite enables greater scalability, reliability and performance for globally distributed teams using Git.”
“We have taken the core WANdisco patented replication technology, in use by thousands of customers, and applied it to the increasingly popular open source Git, enhancing its inherent speed and efficiency with our shared-nothing architecture to eliminate downtime,” said David Richards, WANdisco CEO. “Git MultiSite eliminates the risks associated with a master repository model, allowing enterprises to realize the benefits of distributed version control on a global scale, resulting in shorter development cycles, higher quality, and lower costs.”
Git MultiSite Key Features:
- Enterprise Class Performance: Developers at every location have access to the most up-to-date changes and enjoy LAN-speed performance for all operations .
- Eliminates Downtime and Data Loss: Removes the single point of failure, WAN latency and performance bottleneck of a central Git master repository. Backup, failover and recovery are automatic.
- Easy to Administer and Manage: New repositories can be added on-the-fly to accommodate new locations, eliminating downtime during maintenance.
- Open Solution Avoids Vendor Lock-In: Built with open source Git, which can be used with any other open or closed source software that works with Git. Developers and administrators use the Git protocols, GUIs, and other tools that fit their needs.
- Resolves Conflicts Quickly: Merge conflicts and other issues are identified and resolved as soon as they occur, not days later as is often the case in distributed environments.
Git MultiSite is available now. Visit www.wandisco.com/git/multisite for more information and click "Free Trial" for an evaluation.
Live Demo Webinar
WANdisco will host a live webinar to highlight the benefits and demonstrate the features of Git MultiSite Wednesday, July 31, 10:00 AM Pacific/1:00 PM Eastern. Register for the webinar at http://go.wandisco.com/Git_Registration.html.
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications