17 SEPTEMBER 2015
WANdisco enables Hadoop migration and upgrades without downtime or disruption
The continuous-availability leader’s latest product offering overcomes migration and upgrade challenges facing all enterprise Hadoop big data deployments
WANdisco (LSE: WAND) the leading provider of continuous-availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data, today announced WANdisco Fusion Migrator™. This separately licensed edition of WANdisco Fusion focuses specifically on eliminating the multiple days of downtime, data loss and business disruption that normally accompany Hadoop migrations and upgrades, and make vendor lock-in difficult to overcome.
- Local network speed read/write access to the same data across all locations regardless of distance, with support for selective replication to enable compliance with data locality regulations faced by global enterprises
- 100 percent use of all compute resources to eliminate spending on idle backup hardware
- The ability to ingest and analyze data immediately and in parallel across all locations
- Cluster zoning to maintain quality of service for all users at the lowest possible cost by isolating the most resource-intensive applications to zones of high-end servers best suited to support them, without requiring expensive servers throughout the entire deployment
- Seamless integration with no vendor lock-in between Hadoop clusters running on a mix of storage systems across multiple data centers any distance apart.
WANdisco Fusion and WANdisco Fusion Migrator are available now. Visit wandisco.com to learn more and download a free evaluation visit http://www.wandisco.com/hadoop/wandisco-fusion-free-trial.
On Tuesday, October 6 at 2 p.m. PDT, 5 p.m. EDT, WANdisco will host a webinar, “Hadoop Migration and Upgrade without Downtime or Data Loss.” For the EMEA and APAC regions this webinar will be repeated on Thursday, October 8 at 9 a.m. BST. Register for the webinar now at http://www.wandisco.com/webinars.
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications