16 OCTOBER 2014
WANdisco announces two new Hadoop Big Data Products at Strata New York
Cross Platform Unification and Data Center Aware YARN Make Their Debut
At Strata + Hadoop World New York, WANdisco (LSE: WAND), a leading provider of continuous availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data, today demonstrates two new ‘alpha’ products at booth 325, at the O’Reilly Strata Big Data Conference:
- Unification across clusters implemented on different Hadoop distributions and Hadoop-compatible platforms to create a single integrated cluster or “data lake.”
- Data Center Aware YARN, orchestrates global roll-up analysis regardless of how data is distributed across an organization.
Built in WANdisco’s Big Data Labs, both products use the company’s patented active-active technology.
“We continue to push the envelope in Hadoop technology,” said David Richards, CEO and Co-Founder of WANdisco. “Our customers are telling us that they need these products. Many have multiple big data deployments running on a variety of Hadoop platforms. They now want to integrate these platforms to access and analyze their globally distributed data and avoid creating new information silos.”
Both solutions will incorporate the features made possible by WANdisco’s patented replication technology, including:
- Continuous Hadoop availability across data centers any distance apart.
- Local network speed read/write access to the same data across all locations.
- The ability to ingest and analyze data anywhere.
- 100% use of all compute resources so money isn’t wasted on idle backup hardware.
- Cluster zoning which isolates the most resource-intensive applications to the high-end servers best suited to support them, without requiring high-spec, high-cost servers throughout the cluster.
Learn More at the Strata Educational Session
Hear from Jagane Sundar, WANdisco CTO and see a preview of WANdisco’s new product offerings as he presents ‘Global Hadoop: Storage and Compute Challenges in Multi-Data Center Deployments’ on Thursday, October 16th at 1:45 pm at The Javits Center Level 1, Room 1 E16 / E17.
See it all in Action During Live Demos
WANdisco will be demonstrating Data Center Aware YARN and its new unification solution at Strata + Hadoop World, October 16-17 at the Javits Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 1C, booth 325. Stop by for demonstrations and giveaways.
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications