16 FEBRUARY 2012
Major update for Subversion Access Control
WANdisco announces major update with Subversion Access Control 4.1, the complete authorization, audit and access control solution for Enterprise Subversion.
WANdisco, the leading provider of Apache Subversion-based software and services for the enterprise, and a major corporate sponsor of the Subversion project, has announced a substantial update of their Subversion Access Control product.
Subversion Access Control 4.1 is an innovative security solution for Subversion that provides full audit, authorization and access control capabilities that go well beyond what Apache Subversion offers on its own, ensuring that valuable intellectual property is protected. Subversion Access Control provides an easy-to-use, point-and-click interface for implementing and maintaining even the most complex security policy with minimal effort.
- Support for any size development organization with any number of repositories and access control rules.
- Delegated administration option that allows the root administrator to create teams and delegate administration authority to team leaders.
- Automatic synchronization of Subversion Access Control with LDAP user and group configuration. Subversion Access Control automatically picks up LDAP user and group membership changes and assigns new users to the Subversion team that corresponds to their LDAP group.
- Comprehensive audit capabilities that report every repository access attempt down to the file level, showing user, Subversion command, date and time and whether access was allowed or denied. Security administrators receive immediate alerts for any access violations.
- Can be implemented standalone or in combination with Subversion MultiSite 4.1 for distributed development teams. With Subversion MultiSite, security policy changes made at one location are immediately replicated to every other to enforce consistency across all sites.
Free Subversion Access Control Training
WANdisco will be hosting a free hour-long ‘Introducing Subversion Access Control 4.1’ webinar on April 12th. Register at http://www.wandisco.com/training/webinars/introducing-subversion-access-control-41. Early registration is recommended, as space is limited.
Subversion Access Control 4.1 is available now. A free evaluation download is available at: http://www.wandisco.com/wandisco-subversion-request?type=SVN_ACCESS_CONTROL. For pricing and sales information, please contact your WANdisco sales representative at +1-866-846-0404.
Apache Subversion (SVN) is a version control system initiated in 2000. It is used to maintain current and versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly-compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS). In a 2007 report by Forrester Research, Subversion was recognized as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category and a strong performer in the Software Configuration and Change Management (SCCM) category. Subversion is released under the Apache License, making it free software. For more information, please visit: http://subversion.apache.org.
WANdisco is the world leader in Active Data Replication™. Its patented WANdisco Fusion technology enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. It also allows distributed development teams to collaborate as if they are all working in one location. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco also works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data can give them the real insight they need.
For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
VP Marketing & Communications