Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: svn commit command

  1. #1

    Post svn commit command

    Hi All,


    I need to commit the folder after adding some new files to that folder. when i tried this in Tortoise-SVN, its working properly (committed successfully). but while trying this by using svn commit command it not committing the folder.

    Steps i have followed,

    1. Checkout the Test folder from Repository to D:\Test folder
    2. Add some new files to that Test folder
    3. Commit that folder using svn.exe commit D:\Test -m "Added"

    Not committed... I have tried this TortoiseSVN(right click on that folder and click SVN Commit) it committed successfully....

    Thanks in Advance.....

  2. #2
    Online Operations Site Admin
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    WANdisco, Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    767
    Hi there,

    You don't need svn.exe. Just 'svn commit'. See the book here for details.
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

    Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mand View Post
    Hi there,

    You don't need svn.exe. Just 'svn commit'. See the book here for details.
    Unless you have an svn.bat or svn.cmd that appears in %PATH% before svn.exe does.

    Also, you can't call svn (with or without the extension) if it's not in your %PATH%. Or if it's not installed in the first place. The OP isn't telling us what's actually happening.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by satheesh View Post
    Hi All,


    I need to commit the folder after adding some new files to that folder. when i tried this in Tortoise-SVN, its working properly (committed successfully). but while trying this by using svn commit command it not committing the folder.

    Steps i have followed,

    1. Checkout the Test folder from Repository to D:\Test folder
    2. Add some new files to that Test folder
    3. Commit that folder using svn.exe commit D:\Test -m "Added"
    You omitted one very critical step: Telling us what output/error message you do get. You should be getting some kind of error message. Knowing that is critical to giving you assistance.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

  5. #5
    Online Operations Site Admin
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    WANdisco, Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by andyl View Post
    Unless you have an svn.bat or svn.cmd that appears in %PATH% before svn.exe does.

    Also, you can't call svn (with or without the extension) if it's not in your %PATH%. Or if it's not installed in the first place. The OP isn't telling us what's actually happening.
    The fact that it 'worked' in Tortoise suggests that he has SVN installed somewhere. But yeah, you're right, more info definitely needed.
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

    Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mand View Post
    The fact that it 'worked' in Tortoise suggests that he has SVN installed somewhere. But yeah, you're right, more info definitely needed.
    IIRC it's an optional component in the TSVN install, and that was only introduced with 1.7. So it's quite possible that it's not on the system.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

  7. #7
    I have already set the environment path for svn.exe(svn help-shows the help information properly) and i didn't get any error message, nothing is printed in console.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by satheesh View Post
    I have already set the environment path for svn.exe(svn help-shows the help information properly) and i didn't get any error message, nothing is printed in console.
    svn ci should only return empty output if there is nothing to commit. What does svn st give you?
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

  9. #9
    it shows following output:

    D:\Build>svn st
    ? buildoutput.txt
    ? log.txt

  10. #10
    Then you have nothing to commit. The ? status means "unknown" - you haven't added those items (and given that they're logs, you probably don't want to), and nothing that is versioned has been modified since your last commit.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •