Thread: is this correct for supporting multiple projects?

is this correct for supporting multiple projects?

I am setting up a subversion server in our enterprise that will support multiple large projects. The projects are all independent of each other. the projects will never overlap and have no need to see each others files or share them.

From what I understand from reading the documentation there is a single global commit number for a repo. That being said my plan was to move forward with multiple repos. Is this correct or is my understanding/thinking off?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Online Operations Site Admin
    Hi there,

You're right that there is a global commit number for the repo, so if the projects are large it may be prudent to have separate repo's for each. Otherwise, you could go with a branch per project, but this would mean that you'd have to set up authorisation to keep things separate and the repo could get very large very quick.
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Having a single large repository (a la the Apache Foundation) or many smaller repositories (a la the Eclipse Foundation) are both valid ways doing things.
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions