Thread: v.12 web UI

Question v.12 web UI

Dear UberSVN team,

First of all, congratulations with the release (though the interface still shows 'beta' ?) and thank you.

Some questions about the web interface:

- Is there a way to reduce display width for the admin portal?
    My laptop is 15" 1024x768 and I have to scroll horizontally a lot.
    For web designers this resolution may be mediocre, but not all your users are web designers.
    And some people have 10" tablets, and even 7"....

- Is there a way for users to to add a comment on Activity tab? No text can be entered in "What you are working on" field. Or this field exists for something else?

- Is there a way to add some repo description in the repo profile?

- The source browser ("sventon"?) definitely does not work for me. It just throws "The requested view does not exist" for any repo and any user. But I can live without it and give up on this.

Server machine: Win 2008 R2, client browser: Firefox 11 or IE8.

Thanks,
    dd

uberSVN Product Manager Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Hi dd, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. You've hit on the current hot topics in the office!

Before I go into the detail, can you confirm the version you are using? We removed the beta tag last week as part of our 12.4 release. 12.4 represents the first non-beta release so you may need to upgrade to that version in order to benefit. The beta label has been removed from use.

1. Fixed width - we are planning to perform a number of upgrades to the UI templates. At the moment we do have a frame with a fixed width and height and this certainly causes our designers a headache now and then. We'll be removing that dependency in our next release. You may have seen the other threads in this forum with regards to a re-write of the Admin tab and Users/Teams pages and this improvement is certainly part of my plans.

2. Activity tab - you should be able to click into the grey text box and type. If thats not the case then we'll need to open a bug for that. Is that consistent across FF11 and IE8?

3. Repo description - I'll ensure we get this added, there is clearly a benefit from having this capability. I would like to give our social features a complete overhaul too with the ability to call out users/groups/teams, threading of related posts/better nesting, cut down the number of boxes you can post comments in (doesnt need to take up that much real estate), admin reporting (number of posts by user, see a users post history etc), filtering and pinning of posts. In the short term, the best bet would be to add a comment to the repo in the Repository tab

4. We are planning to offer an alternative later this year. We'll need to fix this bug for you. Can you clear your cookies and cache, login and give it another go? These types of issues are common and usually fixed by going through this process.

Thanks,
    Rich

uberSVN Product Manager

My bad! the "beta" indeed disappeared after cache cleaning. Shame on me!

But still unable to type in Activity tab of any repo.
    I am a global repository admin; browser updated to FF 12.0.

Regards,
    dd

uberSVN Product Manager Site ModeratorSite Admin
    I can't reproduce the activity feed issue your seeing in Chrome so i'll get one of our QA guys to take a look (hopefully tomorrow) from a FF point of view. Certainly not a product design issue.

I'll also take an action to speak to the engineers about the old beta image stored within cookies/cache. We may be able to do something on our side to force the change but that may depend on the browser config.

Cheers
    Rich

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbug View Post
    Dear UberSVN team,

First of all, congratulations with the release (though the interface still shows 'beta' ?) and thank you.

Some questions about the web interface:

- Is there a way to reduce display width for the admin portal?
    My laptop is 15" 1024x768 and I have to scroll horizontally a lot.
    For web designers this resolution may be mediocre, but not all your users are web designers.
    And some people have 10" tablets, and even 7"....

- Is there a way for users to to add a comment on Activity tab? No text can be entered in "What you are working on" field. Or this field exists for something else?

- Is there a way to add some repo description in the repo profile?

- The source browser ("sventon"?) definitely does not work for me. It just throws "The requested view does not exist" for any repo and any user. But I can live without it and give up on this.

Server machine: Win 2008 R2, client browser: Firefox 11 or IE8.

Thanks,
    dd
    A practicable work-around for your first point may be to use your browser's zoom in/out function.

For your second point, check if the social interface is enabled in your administrative preferences.
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions