Thread: I can't get to my UberSVN administrative interface...

I can't get to my UberSVN administrative interface...

Not sure what happened... I've not had any trouble using the UberSVN server from Visual Studio to check-in files, etc., but when I saw thw the recent out of beta announcement, I tried to get to my admin console to update everything and all I get is a generic IE cannot display the page error. I've tried accessing locally and remotely and no go. I tried downloading the new bits, but it won't install over the existing install.

How do I get my administrative interface back without losing my repositories?

Thanks.

J

Online Operations Site Admin
    Hi there,

Does the error log show anything unusual (usually found in /opt/ubersvn/data/logs)? Assume you have general connectivity? Can you try in a browser other than IE?
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

Administrator Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rlrcstr View Post
    Not sure what happened... I've not had any trouble using the UberSVN server from Visual Studio to check-in files, etc., but when I saw thw the recent out of beta announcement, I tried to get to my admin console to update everything and all I get is a generic IE cannot display the page error. I've tried accessing locally and remotely and no go. I tried downloading the new bits, but it won't install over the existing install.

How do I get my administrative interface back without losing my repositories?

Thanks.

J
    Hi rlrcstr,

In addition to what Mand is suggesting, also make sure that your uberSVN service is running, as that's what powers the admin UI. If this isn't running but the Apache service is, you'll experience exactly what you're saying, that your repo access is fine but you can't get to the UI.

Via a terminal, navigate to your uberSVN install location, into the /bin folder and run the ubersvncontrol script (./ubersvncontrol stop, then ./ubersvncontrol start, or alternatively ./ubersvncontrol restart).

If you're on Windows (which it looks like you might be), instead fire up the Services panel and A) Make sure both the WANdisco services are running and B) Start/restart and retest the UI connection.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Wayne
    Last edited by wmellors; 04-30-2012 at 01:49 AM.

To elaborate a little on what wmellors said, if you're running uberSVN under Windows, open up Services (Control Panel -> Administrator Tools -> Services) and search for WANdisco uberSVN Portal. You can set this to Automatic if it hasn't been already (I think it defaults to manual) and then start the service.