Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot confirm Jenkins

Cannot confirm Jenkins

Installed 12.3-9420 SVN - 1.6 fresh on Linux. I try to install Jenkins but I cannot get the confirm button to show. I figure it is because I have not specified payment account info but when I try to go do that in the manage payment methods screen it comes up but is greyed out and cannot be interacted with. I tried with two users that have all 4 permissions set.

Online Operations Site Admin
    Hi there,

Is this the uberAPPS page you're having a problem with? Do you have the same problem with all Apps or is it just Jenkins?
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

All of them.

Online Operations Site Admin
    Are you logged in as a purchaser (ie the person listed under uberAPPS >> Account)?
    Mand Beckett
    WANdisco

Read the WANdisco blog for Subversion, uberSVN and SmartSVN tips and tricks | Find me on Twitter

yes I am. Cannot edit payment details. Maybe that is what is holding it up.

Administrator Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wbenass View Post
    yes I am. Cannot edit payment details. Maybe that is what is holding it up.
    Hi again,

May I ask, what web browser and OS are you using to access uberSVN on?

Thanks

Wayne

IE 7.0.5730.13C0 on Windows XP 2002 SP3.

Thanks.

I'm going over that scenario of usage now but in the meantime, would you mind connecting to the uberSVN server using a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome? I'd be interested to see if your experience changes.

Just FYI we've been able to round-trip the Jenkins download using IE7, so I don't believe the root of the problem lays there but if you can test it on Firefox or Chrome that will help to solidify.

I do know that earlier versions of IE can contain some harsh script execution prevention settings that can literally cripple uberSVN, so if you don't get the same problem on other browsers it may be worth looking at the IE7 setup itself.

No can do. Only IE supported in environment.

Ok. Are you also limited to IE7? Do you have an IE8 or IE9? What I'd like to do is eliminate the potential causes in order to reduce the list of break-points. ATM it feels it could be the way that IE7 is configured to handle scripts, much in the same way that IE6 does by default. Have you tried adding your uberSVN URL to the list of Trusted Sites?

Installed IE8. Same behavior. I get a managed payment screen that I cannot interact with. Is this needed to be filled out even if Jenkins is free?

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    You do not need to enter a payment method to get the free products.

Can you take a screenshot of the screen you cannot continue through?
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions

Attempting to download Jenkins shouldn't require you to enter any payment details, no. The exact series of events should be as follows (based on a new installation of uberSVN)...

1) Login to uberSVN with an uberSVN user that has System Admin and uberAPPS User permissions.
    2) Click on the uberAPPS tab
    3) Click on the Jenkins storefront icon. You'll be taken to the Jenkins main app page.
    4) Click on Continue (blue button in the middle of the page)
    5) If you haven't already registered the actively logged in uberSVN user you'll need to do so now, via the Registration page you're redirected to.
    6) Check the Terms and Conditions checkbox and click Save. You'll be redirected to the Account tab
    7) Click on Proceed. You'll be taken back into the Jenkins download workflow.
    8 ) Click on Confirm (blue button on the lower right of the page). After a short pause you'll be redirected to the ManageAPPS tab.
    9) Click on the Download button.

From this point its then a process of letting the Download complete, Activating Jenkins (Install) and then configuring it.

So going by the above points, at which stage are you becoming stuck?

The screen I cannot get through is "Manage Payment Methods" but that is a moot point if I dont need to do that to get Jenkins. The real problem at this point is to be able to get Jenkins and I cannot do that because there is no confirm button presented only a cancel button.

Step 5. The user I have just recreated has all permissions and has been entered in the account dialog previously. I dont see step 6 and in 7 when I click on proceed I dont see a confirm button in 8.

Even when I create a new user with a unique email I dont see the confirm button.

The funny thing is when I try the uTest app I do see the proceed button but with Jenkins no button with the same user in the same session.

Aha! I think I've worked out the issue.

There's a glitch on IE7 where the Continue button is offset on the UI, so if your resolution isn't high enough, you won't see it. Can you try zooming out the page and see if the Continue button appears over to the right?

Zooming out was it. Thanks.