Thread: Omit external

Thumbs up Omit external

Hi ,

I am pretty new to svn. i am using tortoise svn , whenever i try to checkout i am getting an option like omit externals. Irrespective of whether i check it or un check it , i am getting no differences in the folders which i am checking out. Can someone plz tell me what does that omit externals options do ????? Its an emergency cause i need to do a presentation on this. So hoping for a quicker reply guys.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    deepak

Quote Originally Posted by dpak10 View Post
    I am pretty new to svn. i am using tortoise svn , whenever i try to checkout i am getting an option like omit externals. Irrespective of whether i check it or un check it , i am getting no differences in the folders which i am checking out. Can someone plz tell me what does that omit externals options do ????? Its an emergency cause i need to do a presentation on this. So hoping for a quicker reply guys.
    Do you have any svn:externals defined in the tree that you're checking out? If you don't, then there is no difference in what happens because there is nothing for that flag to toggle.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

@andyl

Quote Originally Posted by andyl View Post
    Do you have any svn:externals defined in the tree that you're checking out? If you don't, then there is no difference in what happens because there is nothing for that flag to toggle.
    thank you andyl. u really made my day.No such svn:externals are there in the dir which i am checking out. But can u guide me wat svn:externals means ????? deeply appreciated. waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
    deepak

Quote Originally Posted by dpak10 View Post
    thank you andyl. u really made my day.No such svn:externals are there in the dir which i am checking out. But can u guide me wat svn:externals means ????? deeply appreciated. waiting for your reply.
    You need to read the SVN manual. http://svnbook.org/
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.