Thread: how increase revision number in a folder without change revision nbr in other folder

how increase revision number in a folder without change revision nbr in other folder

Hi everybody !!

I think the title is not very clear !!

My softwares installed on my computer are:
    - VisualSVN server 2.5.2
    - TortoiseSVN 1.7.3
    - CommitMonitor 1.8

I have 4 folders: MainFolder, FolderA, FolderB and FolderC.
    The FolderA, FolderB and FolderC are inside MainFolder.
    what I need:
    if I do some changes in FolderA, the revision number of MainFolder and FolderA will increase but the revision number of FolderB and FolderC musn't.
    if I do some changes in FolderB, the revision number of MainFolder and FolderB will increase but the revision number of FolderA and FolderC musn't.

I tried to do one repository for each folder in VisualSVN server and one project for each folder in CommitMonitor,
    In doing this, I can increase, after a commit, the revision number of FolderA and the revision number of FolderB and C don't change.
    but the revision number of MainFolder don't increase.

I hope I have been clear because of my low english level.

Thanks for reading me.

Revision numbers in Subversion are simply a count of how many changes have been committed to the whole repository. You cannot change this.

If you make 10 changes to FolderA, all folders will be "at" revision 10, but only FolderA will have a Last Changed Revision of 10.

So, what you need to be looking at is not the Revision number of a given folder, but the Last Changed Revision, if you want to track changes as they've been made.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.

thanks for your reply

I think I didn't well explain what I would like to do

this is what I did in VisualSNV server and commit monitor:

this is how my folders are organised in my hard disk:

with this configuration, if I just commit FolderA and not MainFolder, the revision of FolderA increase and not the revision of MainFolder, FolderB and C,
    I would like increase also the revision number of MainFolder when I commit FolderA, B or C without increase the revision number of FolderB and C if I commit A.

I hope I have been more clear like that.

thanks

Please re-read what I wrote. I understood what you're after, but it is not possible, and I explained why.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.