Thread: post commit FS processing had error: can't remove transactions

post commit FS processing had error: can't remove transactions

Hi,
    Why am I getting error like “post commit FS processing had error: Can't remove 'Z:\svn\My Pictures\db\transactions\156-5k.txn\node.0-1.0'”?

I have following setup:
    • Windows 7,
    • TortoiseSVN 1.6.15,
    • VisualSVN Server Version: 2.5.4.,
    • TL-WR1043ND wireless router with USB storage sharing, svn repository installed on USB drive connected to the router and accessed via following URL http://http://192.168.1.1/ Volume1.
    • TL-WR1043ND storage sharing is running with access shared storage with password option unchecked.
    • Svnserve running as following: C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualSVN Server\bin>svnserve --daemon --root z:\svn where z is drive mapped to Volume1 on 192.168.1.1
    • Svnserve is running under administrator account with full access to the files and folders on z drive. Administrator can create and delete folders and files in Z:\svn\My Pictures\db\transactions\156-5k.txn
    • anon-access = write in svnserve.conf

Note:
    If I connect USB drive directly to my PC and map it to Z drive, I can check in my changes to My Pictures repository successfully without any errors via the same svnserve. I am getting an error if USB drive connected to wireless router and shared to the network while I check in my changes to the repository.

I appreciate any help to get svn checking to the repository on router storage sharing working.
    Thank you

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Any reason why you can't have the storage attached to the machine that svnserve is running on? I don't believe having the repository on a Linux Samba network share is a very well supported mode of operation (assuming the router is running Linux as most do.)
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions

The wireless router is running on Windows 7. I want repository located on USB drive but I do't want it to be attached to the laptop. Instead I attach USB drive to the wireless router and share it with the network. What is the problem with my set up? I use it for my home projects.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bym View Post
    The wireless router is running on Windows 7. I want repository located on USB drive but I do't want it to be attached to the laptop. Instead I attach USB drive to the wireless router and share it with the network.
    But what's the point? svnserve is still running off your laptop, so in order to use the repository you still have to have that laptop online & connected to your home network. You're just adding extra complexity for no gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by bym View Post
    What is the problem with my set up? I use it for my home projects.
    Subversion has exposed a few bugs in Samba relating to file permissions. There are workarounds you can use in your Samba configuration, but it's been fixed in newer versions - you probably can't upgrade though, since you're using it via your router's firmware.

Set up an actual server for svnserve with the drive attached locally, or just plug it into the laptop where you're running svnserve. You're making this too complicated, and using a known unsupported/discouraged configuration.
    I am neither an employee nor customer of WANDisco.