Thread: Accessing uberSVN repository hosted on Windows 7 from Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu)

Talking Accessing uberSVN repository hosted on Windows 7 from Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu)

I have a repository on Windows 7 that is accessible via Tortoise from other Windows clients. I want to be able to access this Windows based repository from Fedora and Ubuntu.

What is required to do this, presumably on the Linux boxes?

Do I need to run a Samba server, or other?

My intention is to use something like RapidSVN or KDESvn clients on the Linux side

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Just plug the URL you use to access the repository into your Linux clients. Why do you think you need samba shares?
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mbooth View Post
    Just plug the URL you use to access the repository into your Linux clients. Why do you think you need samba shares?

Perhaps I do not need the Samba implementation, my question may in fact boil down to Windows 7 security of SVN assets.

My current URL for the repository, which is accessible from any Windows machine, is "http://svn-pc:9880/programName/platform/project/trunk.

None of my SVN clients on Fedora or Ubuntu are able to connect with the repository, while the Windows clients are.

Red face Accessing uberSVN repository hosted on Windows 7 from Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu)

Quote Originally Posted by mbooth View Post

I can get to it from Ubuntu using the IP address, but no name resolution under Linux.

Senior Member Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2oneil View Post
    I can get to it from Ubuntu using the IP address, but no name resolution under Linux.
    Ah, that is a networking problem, not a Subversion problem. Are you sure your Linux boxes are using the correct DNS servers?
    Mat Booth
    Software Engineer
    WANdisco, Inc.

I joined the blog-o-web-o-sphere! Linux and Coding Blog

How To Ask Smart Questions