I am using the most current version of Wandisco svn client to manage an svn server. I have an 11.8 GB repository that I have tried to use svnsync on. I am on Windows, both the source and the sync are on the same local drive.
I started this process last night before I left and saw that it was running fine for nearly 4 hours -- I can see the destination growing, past 6GB. I came in this morning to find it failed with an out of memory error. It was somewhere near revision 20,000 when it failed.
So I restarted this again today and I have been watching memory. The destination repository has grown past 6.5 GB. At the same time, my memory footprint on my Windows 7 64 Bit machine with 4GB of physical memory has also grown. SvnSync is now consuming 1,628,292 KB of memory. It just keeps growing. As I approach revision 20,000 available physical memory is shrinking to zero.
If the problem is a memory leak that accumulates over many revisions then you can work around the problem simply by starting a new sync process on the partial copy. You may need to manually delete the svn:sync-lock revision property.