Thread: VisualSVN server: Cannot run and getting error message

VisualSVN server: Cannot run and getting error message

Hello,

I installed the VisualSVN on windows2008 R2 server and trying to run the VisualSVN server manager; but I am getting following error

"Cannot connect to WMI namespace '\\.\root\VisualSVN': Access is denied. (0x80070005)
    Please check the credentials and server security settings. Learn more about how to configure"

1. The server is in the domain
    2. I added the user in the ‘VisualSVN Server Admins’ and ‘Distributed COM Users’ groups
    3. I logged as administrator (both local and domain); but still I am not able to run the server

Any help on this would highly appreciated

Thank you,
    Rajeeshun

It seems some security settings is broken on your system. I recommend you to check this article:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ee692772.aspx
    0x80070005 (DCOM ACCESS_DENIED)
    This error occurs when the connected user is not recognized or is restricted in some fashion by the remote server (for example, the user might be locked out). This happens most often when accounts are in different domains. Recent changes to WMI security can also cause this error to occur:

Blank passwords, formerly permitted, are not allowed in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

WMI does not allow asynchronous callbacks to a Windows 98 client. A call like SWbemServices.ExecNotificationQueryAsync from a Windows 98 computer to a Windows XP computer will result in an Access Denied error returned to the Windows 98 machine.

The DCOM configuration access setting might have been changed.

If the target computer is running Windows XP, the Forceguest value under the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa might be set to force the Guest account off (value is zero).
    So I recommend you run 'dcomcnfg' command and check permissions.
    Last edited by ivan; 06-10-2011 at 05:53 AM.