Thread: Constantly being told that "New Updates Available"

Constantly being told that "New Updates Available"

Every time I launch the uberSVN server or perform a manual update check (via Admin->Updates) I get told that "New Updates Available" however the tab shows that there are no updates available.

Do I just have to download it manually as the auto updates don't work? Or should they in fact be working?

Oops, meant to copy this thinking it might help:

updater uberSVN Updater Core 11.07.7240-2 2011-07-29 n/a Up to date
    ubersvn uberSVN Core Core 11.07.7240-2 2011-07-29 n/a Up to date
    zlib Compression Library Core 1.2.5-1 2011-07-29 n/a Up to date
    tomcat Apache Tomcat Core 6.0.32-3 2011-07-29 n/a Up to date
    expat XML Parsing Library Core 2.0.1-1 2011-07-29 n/a Up to date

Administrator Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Hi Siyfion,

Apologies for this. With the latest uberSVN release, we've completely reworked the update system, both uberSVN and live update server sides, to allow much better control of packages. This now includes per-package installations, rather than the big-bang approach of everything. However, as part of that change there's a little bugette which means that the growl alert on the Update will incorrectly state update package availability.

We're on the verge of pushing the latest uberSVN packages onto the update server, which will make them available for download in the next few hours or so. For the time being, please ignore the growl alert on the Update page and base all updates on packages being shown as available and an email being sent to the system administrator.

Many thanks

Wayne

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it wasn't me just going mad... Also, is there anywhere that I can see the latest change-log between version releases?

Administrator Site ModeratorSite Admin
    Definitely not you going mad .

We've started to ramp up the release notes side of things, the latest being found here. We'll of course be improving on this, moving forward but it should give you an idea about what's in the release.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Wayne

Great thanks, I shall eagerly-await a real "New Updates Available" message then!