Thread: Access Denied

Access Denied

32-bit Subversion 1.5.2 running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server (all latest patches), Tortoise 1.5.4. New test installation of all. Using Apache 2.2.

Getting error: Can't open file ....txn-current-lock access denied

When trying to commit to the test repository. Figure it's a permissions problem somewhere but some guidance would help

Can't open file txn-current-lock Access Denied

Windows XP SP3
    svnserve, version 1.6.6 (r40053)

I'm receiving the same error.

fresh install of Windows XP SP3
    fresh install of svnserve
    new empty repositories
    tried to use the import command to import a basic repository file structure as per the docs.

What's the fix?

txn-current-lock Access is denied error resolved

Had to set Log On as Local System Account.. works fine now.

hey, check the owner of the txn-current-lock ,it should be csvn

swithch csvn and create a repo (test) else if you wnat to change the owner of it now then try below

chown -R csvn:csvn test

It will work for you.

Regards,
    Aruna

chown -R csvn:csvn test
    He is using windows server; how you think that is going to help him ??
    Regards,
    Vishwajeet Singh
    Project Management Software

Access Rights Message

Hi
    i am facing a problem with Access Rights

Problem::--

Scenario 1:-

Rights i have given to user:-- RW

He can access the Repository through URL and save the indivisual file like Java . . .

When i have given him the READ ONLY rights :--

He can access the Repository through URL and save the indivisual file like Java . . .

Then what is the Difference between both rights:--

NO access rights are responding as expected accordingly.

Scenario 2:-

A user cannot access the repository even i have given him rights Read-Write completely:-

Please see the message below:-

Commit failed (details follow):
    OPTIONS of 'https://scm012.domain.com:8443/svn/project_A/trunk': Could not
    read status line: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    (https://scm012.domain.com:8443)

__________________________________________________ __________

Please elaborate my answer and i am not getting expected results with Access rights using Subversion:-

Thanks and Regards
    Waseem Shahzad Bokhari

Re: Access Rights Message

Quote Originally Posted by wasi_shez
    Scenario 1:-

Rights i have given to user:-- RW

When i have given him the READ ONLY rights :--

Then what is the Difference between both rights:--

NO access rights are responding as expected accordingly.
    Unless you mean "commit" when you say "save", then you have only proven that the user has read access when he has RW and read-only. Which makes perfect sense.

Please make sure you've read & understood http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/...asedauthz.html . Authorization on paths is inherited from the parent, and the most-specific rule for a given path always "wins."

Scenario 2:-

A user cannot access the repository even i have given him rights Read-Write completely:-

Please see the message below:-

Commit failed (details follow):
    OPTIONS of 'https://scm012.domain.com:8443/svn/project_A/trunk': Could not
    read status line: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    (https://scm012.domain.com:8443)
    This is not authorization, this is a network problem.♦

Re: txn-current-lock Access is denied error resolved

Quote Originally Posted by xdevguru
    Had to set Log On as Local System Account.. works fine now.
    What did you do exactly? Where did you "set" Log On as Local System Account? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks.

UPDATE:
    It took me less time to figure this out than it did to create the svnforum.org account and post the question: The svnserve service "Log On As" needs to be Local System, NOT Local Service. Once I changed it and restarted the service I was able to commit files.

I was using Local Service because it was the example used in the TortoiseSVN manual, however the manual also says:
    "Note that you would have to give the Local Service account appropriate rights to both Subversion and your repositories, as well as any applications which are used by hook scripts. The built-in group for this is called "LOCAL SERVICE".
    I'm not sure how to set permissions for the Local Service on my PC: Windows XP Pro but not part of a domain. There is no "LOCAL SERVICE" group and even if there was I can't see how to change permissions for a group.