Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SVN Commit errror: Could not parse response status line

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kenya
    Posts
    2

    SVN Commit errror: Could not parse response status line

    Hi All,

    I'm getting the following error when I am committing changes to my svn respository.

    Error: Commit failed (details follow):
    Error: MKACTIVITY of '/gwep/!svn/act/4f4ad847-763b-b542-bd56-1fc3c97bf713': Could not parse response status line. (http://svn.steudel.org)

    I can checkout files, but not commit or import. The only change that I can think has happened is that I have moved from a broadband connection to a dial up connection. I've looked all over the web, but haven't been able to figure this one out yet.

    TIA, Mark

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Würselen - Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Hi,

    the first step is to check the integrity of the repository (via svnadmin verify).

    The next step is to check the configuration of the Web-Server....

    Can you give the configuration files here and the releases of Subversion, Apache etc. you are using....


    Kind regards
    Karl Heinz Marbaise

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kenya
    Posts
    2
    Sorry I haven't been able to get the information yet for you I'll keep trying to get that for you, in the mean time ... Something that is wierd is that other people are able to use the repositories just fine. One was even a brand new repository. Several different repositories on seperate servers are all affected by this error and the repositories all work for everyone but me.

  4. #4
    I have a very similar problem here.

    lets assume my repository is accessed through http://my.host/test
    As SVN client I use subclipse.


    -) From my notebook (where I connect to the internet using a GSM card) I can successfully checkout http://my.host/test, make some changes, and check them in again.

    -) At my customers site I first had problems checking out. I then adapted the servers file (listed below). Then I was able to check out, but when changing stuff I am not able to check in again.


    When working with my notebook I get asked for user/pwd upon checkin. This dialog doesn't come at my customers site - I just get the error message.


    Here the contents of my servers file:

    [global]
    http-proxy-host = my.customers.proxy
    http-proxy-port = 8080
    http-timeout = 60
    neon-debug-mask = 130



    As everything works from my notebook I assume it is a problem on the client side. Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

    Chris

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Würselen - Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by chris0815
    ....servers file (listed below).
    Sorry to say you mean the client side...

    Quote Originally Posted by chris0815
    Then I was able to check out, but when changing stuff I am not able to check in again.
    What was the message you got?

    Have you check the situation with a command line client? BTW: What version of Subversion etc.?

    Kind regards
    Karl Heinz Marbaise

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kama
    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by chris0815
    ....servers file (listed below).
    Sorry to say you mean the client side...
    .....

    Sorry to say - but the file is called "servers", and of course it resides on the client side.


    Btw ... I was able to solve the problem. Obviously the customers proxy "eats" some important stuff of the http datastream.
    I switched to https as I expected the proxy passes the stuff through unchanged then - and exactly that happened.

    Anyways, thanks for the input

    Chris

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 05:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •