We've listened to our customers and we understand that LDAP is important to larger organisations. Easy loading of users, creation of teams and the ability to create and link resources to those teams is essential to kick start the build of your Subversion environment. But, adding 10-30 users without LDAP is quite difficult right now and we need to target those types of scenarios. Another factor is that you may also want to create teams that don't have specific Subversion repositories associated to them. For instance, you could create a group and set tab visibility/UI visibility from the same page. A team = a group = a label = a collection of users or objects. Jenkins is an example of this.
With this in mind, we've proposed a re-design of our Users/Teams tab - ultimately, we feel that both these tabs should be closer to each other and could consume the same view.
Team profile page, the User profile page will be similar
User/Team dashboard page
Other key features:
- Extendable UI for groups, plugins and subversion teams (scroll right for more groups with left pane frozen)
- Understand permissions across your ecosystem - set permissions for all users across all groups in a single view
- Extend permissions outside uberSVN UI access and Subversion repositories, set the Jenkins UI permissions or any other plugin
- View the source of the users and whats managing their authentication (e.g. LDAP1, LDAP2, password file, locally managed)
- A new profile page for Teams and Users with ability to edit fields on the page (akin to SalesForce attributes)
- Improved relevance of the social feed - call out users, message specific groups
- A war on slow page load times and ability to select items without a full page re-load
Future phases (once the template is in place):
- Move repo creation and management closer to Team/Group/User creation
So we'd like to know what you think, take a look at the wireframes and post your comment. We hope to start building this functionality (along with many other features and enhancements) over the next 3 months.
uberSVN Product Manager