Polarion for Subversion Enterprise Edition Now Available with WANdisco
Stuttgart, Germany and Pleasanton, Calif. August 3, 2006 - Polarion Software GmbH, today announced that Polarion for Subversion Enterprise Edition, the development productivity platform that improves visibility and management of process, people and projects in a dynamic distributed environment, is now available with WANdisco. WANdisco is the only cost-effective, fault-tolerant multi-site development solution that uses active-active replication to synchronize work from globally distributed source code repositories in real-time. This powerful combination means that instead of working in isolation, distributed development teams can now work as one regardless of location, at LAN speed over a WAN, and collaborate in real-time. At the same time, project managers will have real-time visibility into the status of their projects across all development sites, and will be able to take advantage of workflow and security features that will enable them to enforce adherence to development procedures across all sites.
"This new partnership with WANdisco allows Polarion to provide a complete application lifecycle management solution combined with a multi-site development solution that brings real-time performance, guaranteed transaction support and automated disaster recovery features to Subversion for the first time," said Frank Schroder, CEO of Polarion GmbH.
By using WANdisco, Polarion for Subversion Enterprise Edition now delivers:
- Robust workflow driven change, task and requirement management
- Automates traceability and impact analysis from requirement to source code
- A 1,000% performance improvement during checkout/checkin.
- An 80% reduction in network bandwidth usage and costs. Many customers abandon plans to acquire additional E-1 lines to support offshore development teams.
- Guaranteed transaction support and "self-healing" automated recovery features that Subversion doesn't provide on its own. Source code repositories are never corrupted, and the risk of losing source code in the event of network or server failures is completely eliminated.
- Real-time visibility and management. Polarion for Subversion Enterprise Edition's Multi-Level Live Dashboards provide real-time visibility into project status across all development sites. Workflow capabilities allow project managers to control the flow of development artifacts through each project phase. Role based access controls enforce appropriate segregation of duties and protect intellectual property. Project plans are automatically updated as project tasks are completed.
"We are extremely pleased to offer this joint solution with Polarion," said David Richards, CEO of WANdisco. "Polarion offers unique technology that leverages and extends the capabilities of Subversion, turning it into a complete application lifecycle management solution that provides real-time visibility and control across all projects at all sites."
This joint solution is available now. Migration tools and consulting services are also available to allow customers to migrate quickly and easily from other SCMs to Subversion.
About Polarion Software GmbH
Polarion Software is a technology-leading software development and services company specializing in unified software lifecycle management solutions. Polarion's unique approach reduces entry and ownership costs, increases return on investment, and eliminates technology "lock-in" for its customers by basing solutions upon leading open source frameworks such as Subversion, Apache, and others, adding functionality with leading-edge proprietary components and a unified, web-based user experience. Polarion solutions eliminate "islands of automation", automate process flow, lead organizations towards best practices such as CMMI/SPICE, improve visibility and transparency, and boost overall efficiency and productivity for software development organizations of all sizes. For more information visit www.polarion.com.
Since 2001 WANdisco has set out to push the limits of what can be achieved with distributed systems deployed on a Wide Area Network (WAN). The result of these efforts is new technology that fundamentally changes the way distributed nodes, or servers, interact to provide unprecedented levels of reliability, availability and scalability (RAS) enabling the internet to realize its full potential. WANdisco has applied this technology to the development of its suite of multi-site SCM solutions for CVS, CVSNT, and Subversion. For the first time a development team can truly be spread-out across the world and work as one unit, in real-time.
Global 2000 companies rely on WANdisco's suite of SCM solutions for CVS,CVSNT and Subversion to enable them to distribute work based on where their talent is located, rather than on the basis of time-zone constraints. This results in dramatically reduced costs and significantly improved utilization of scarce resources. For more information, visit www.wandisco.com.
Elaine [dot] Murphy [at] wandisco [dot] com
US Toll Free: 1-866-846-0404