Based in Silicon Valley, California, WANdisco is a world leader in distributed software development solutions. By using WANdisco's totally unique replication technology, software development can now occur anywhere without any constraints. Fortune Global 1000 companies such as AT&T, Honda, NTT and Motorola rely on WANdisco's suite of source code management solutions for Subversion, CVS and JIRA. In September 2008 WANdisco opened a new worldwide support and development center in Sheffield, UK.
This is an opportunity in the Global Product Support Group, based in Sheffield, for WANdisco's core distributed source code management products. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will analyze, reproduce, and resolve customer problems of varying complexity with the WANdisco product suite.
There is an opportunity for career progression to be part of the WANdisco core engineering team. You will be working with some of the world largest companies such as Honda, AT&T and Wall Street Investment Banks.
You will interact with customers and development engineers on a continuous basis so great written and oral communication skills are a must. You will interact with customers across the world, field sales, pre-sales technical engineers and partners.
- As a member of the Global Product Support team, analyze, reproduce, and resolve customer problems of varying complexity.
- Providing written/verbal consultation to debug customer problems. Determine if the reported problem is a WANdisco product or a customer issue.
- Accurately and completely document problems, their solutions, and defects in the Web based help-desk system
- Keep the product knowledge base (FAQs and Solutions) up to date and take on other projects which improve support processes as assigned i.e. advisories, news bulletins, etc.
- Be responsible for maintaining SLAs with our customers.
- Work with other teams within Support or other departments within WANdisco, specifically QA and Engineering, as required.
- In case of escalations to other teams, maintain ownership to drive issues to resolution.
- Keep current with the latest supported product technology.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally
- Provide out of hours support on an on-call basis
Strong decision-making skills, take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion. Thrives in a startup environment with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Solid understanding of network architectures and protocols (TCP).
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows system administration skills to setup OS, VMWare virtual machines , LDAP servers etc
- Knowledge of version control tools (e.g. CVS, SVN)
- Ability to clearly lay out a root cause analysis plan and drive the different stake holders to a mutually satisfactory resolution.
- Must have ability to develop test cases to reproduce customer reported bugs.
- Team player with ability to multi-task and work with multiple teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once (flexible and self-sufficient)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious
- Degree in a computing / computer-related subject is desirable.
Please send us your resume/CV or LinkedIn details along with a covering mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.